Preventative Treatments are tantamount to help make sure your teeth won’t undergo decay or develop gum disease. Below are several types of treatment that we at Kirol Family Dentistry use for our patients.
- The Examination is the time when the hygienist will clean your teeth. Dr. Kirol will check for cavities and gum disease. The dentist or hygienist will then evaluate your risk of developing other oral health problems, as well as check your face, neck and mouth for abnormalities.
- Bitewing X Rays are one of the most common sets of X-rays. Bitewings show teeth above the gum line and the height of the bone between teeth. Bitewings help diagnose gum disease and cavities between teeth.
- Periapical x-rays show the whole tooth – from the crown, to beyond the root where the tooth attaches into the jaw. Each periapical x-ray shows all teeth in one portion of either the upper or lower jaw. Periapical x-rays detect any unusual changes in the root and surrounding bone structures.
- Panorex is an x-ray that provides a full view of the upper and lower jaws, teeth, temporomandibular joints (TMJs) and sinuses.
- Fluoride treatments are the best cavity fighter to help keep the whole family’s teeth strong-no matter their ages.
- Sealants are a thin, plastic coating painted on the chewing surfaces of teeth – usually the back teeth (the premolars and molars) – to prevent tooth decay.